Monday, July 27, 2009

Skipper

I had a meeting tonight. I didn't go. I made an excuse about being on vacation. But those who know me, know the real reason.

I do not handle being a lone voice very well. Especially when it is my voice against that of ten men. Ten men who feel that their opinion is the right opinion. That any answer I offered to their various questions was not an acceptable one. They don't want to listen to what I have to say. They do not want to comprehend.

I get tired of speaking the same answers over and over, only to not be heard or to be laughed at. To be left unprotected by the one person who is suppose to Chair and control the meeting. (he doesn't like my answers either, therefore I am left hanging in the wind, the lone voice) It has happened to me more times than I care to even recall.

Instead I'm home. Shamelessly watching public access. Waiting for two meetings to combine for a big discussion where my lone voice answers will be backed up with the people who have the data to confirm what I have been saying all along.

I cannot wait to watch. It's on soon.

No comments: