Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The First Day Of School

Here we are. In a few moments I'll be going downstairs and finding two perfect children, up, dressed, fed, lunches made and ready for school.

Did you just die laughing?

As I sit here I can hear my girl in her room walking around. I'm sure she is picking out the right outfit for her first day (oh and school pictures? are TODAY) and my son? Is probably sleeping.

I went to orientation last night for High School. And as I sat through this two hour meeting/questions and answers sessions I thought to myself. WOW.

WOW. It's been a long time since High School. There are lots of rules but there is also freedom. There is learning but there is time to get into trouble. Okay, so I'm looking at it from my perspective. I goofed off as much as possible in High School. I didn't take it seriously, I thought my teachers were a joke. I had no friends, my name was written on the bathroom wall with the word SLUT under it. I would get pushed from behind in between classes. I never fought back.

Oh but this ISNT about me IS IT?

I just relived all of it as the Principal talked and talked and talked and talked. Thankfully I have a girl who is the opposite of how I was back then.

Right now she is the opposite. But I fear that there will be boys on the horizon. Part of last nights lecture was the fact that teenagers are having sex. Lots and lots of sex and for ALL of the parents to not kid themselves. Take action.

~insert heart palpitations here~

I have no idea what this school year will hold for each of my kids, but I'm ready.

4 comments:

Sassy said...

lol

You crack me up!

I think we would have been friends in high school..

Anonymous said...

My little girls can have sex after they get their Master's from a university of their choice.

When I find a way to make that happen, I'll let you know Mig.

Amy said...

LOL @ slick's comment.

lots and lots of sex, huh? Dang, they're beating me out. Well, good for them. NO, I kid. It IS scary, isn't it?

I'm still perpetrating the rumor that girls are gross in this house. So far, he believes me.

Amy said...

I just want to amend that last comment to clarify, girls are gross but NOT in the same way his dad thinks girls are gross.

I'm just sayin'.