- I forgot that my bosses wife was having this party this past Sunday afternoon. I really did want to go. Honest. No winking here. I am hosting a bookclub at my house in April and would like to serve something tasty. I had even discussed going with a friend several times. Yet at 4:15 PM on Sunday it dawned on me that I missed it completely. It is unusual for me to forget something. And most un-nerving.
- Sitting in a tight waiting room today with a guy who was using his cell phone to talk to his wife and tell her how she spends too much time on the computer and not enough time doing housework. He reminded me of EBF's ass husband and I had to keep looking at him to convince myself that he wasn't. That man does not need a twin.
- Being told by my boss to prepare myself to be laid off (he will continue health care coverage and give me the difference in pay upfront) and, in the same breath, being asked if I minded working while I do this, because otherwise coverage will be stressful for those who are staying on. I said yes initially and now that I am thinking more about it. I AM AN IDIOT.
- My 40th birthday is exactly one week and one day from today. I am not happy about it at all. AND if one more person tells me how it's not a big deal and I don't look old and blah, blah, blah, I think I will scream in their face.
- Trying my hardest to deal with all those little things that peck away at your sanity. Dishes, light bulbs, laundry, squeaky doors, furry animals underfoot, weird smells, dirty toilets, wet towels on the floor and never getting a live person for customer service anymore. Sometimes I want to stop and ask where the camera is? Surely some of this must be a joke?
- Talking to my daughter's friend on her cell phone, and asking her to relay a message to my daughter about not being able to reply to her AIM text to me. Then hearing from her friend, that it is because my daughter "really needs a new phone." Ummm Are you kidding me? REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM.
- My special needs brother has just gotten a lease in the Assisted Living here in my Town. Ultimately the goal is for him and my parents to move here. He was one of two obstacles. He could be here as early as the end of next week and he will need to be checked on, as he is diabetic and has yet to get a real handle on the whole thing. Oh goody.
Come on, you know you want to be me.