Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Instead of Doing Dishes ...

We just had some serious spaghetti dinner. It was delicious. I even made an attempt at some homemade garlic bread.

Which was a bust, but hey, I tried. It was edible. (note to self: do not attempt to use white sliced bread).

Afterward my youngest went upstairs to wash her hands, my man followed. This leaves me, in the kitchen, BY MYSELF. Probably not for long. But hey, ten minutes? I'll take it.

Today was an interesting day at work. I'm going to throw caution to the wind and talk about it because it involves, oh let's see ... how do I put this ... MY BEING LAID OFF.

~insert coronary here~

My boss is still openly discussing the options with me. It's not permanent, I would still have my benefits and he wants me to get him some numbers for myself and two others in the office before he gives it the green light.

Like it's a good thing. (Read: choke) He might decide against it. Might.

It would probably only be for a few weeks, a month at the most and would just mean an extended vacation. My job is not in jeopardy. I am needed.

But it's scary. The economy scares me and what's happening at work is way to close to what reality could end up being at some point down the road.

On the plus side? There is lots and lots of things I could be doing here.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Mmm spaghetti.

Sucks about you being laid off. The economy IS scary right now. I will keep you in my prayers! OR you could just move to Indiana and get a job! lol