Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sometimes I'm A Brat

I had a week off from bootcamp while I was on vacation. So everyone trudged on without me and Monday I came in all fresh, rested and chipper.

The instructor? Kicked it up a notch. Now keep in mind this instructor is excellent at motivating us. He's like having a personal trainer. He will work you individually if you ask him and he likes to keep us guessing by constantly changing the routine.

I have learned over the three years I've been going there to never let on, how sore I am, how difficult OR easy the workouts are. Because, for me, they are easy and I think that annoys him.

We came in Monday and there was a long list of exercises for us to do. 25 reps of each one and jogging. We work at our own pace. I don't know what got into me but I figured I'd just crank the whole list out. My leg? Not hurting anymore. I was first finishing. I managed to stay ahead of everyone, through THREE sets of all the exercises. Which is good.

One of the gals took me aside at the end and said "Wow you really cranked on those exercises." I said well I wasn't here last week and blah, blah, blah.

But really? I just wanted to beat everyone.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

You go girl!

I need to start exercising...

Holly said...

BRAT!! LOL Seriously though, YOU GO GURL!!!