Friday, August 22, 2008

Leaving Some Slack

Well I'm not going to break any workout records this week. Or last week. Not that I was trying, AT ALL.

I think I've reached some sort of exercise overload. (You in the back? I'm so kicking your ass!)

In a two week period, I went four times. Twice each week. I'm choosing sleep for a change. I think I need it more than a grueling one hour work out.

And I am literally "making" myself not feel bad about it. That's the hardest part. See us Type A Control Freaks need to do, need to be there, need to participate. Anything, not, is like going against the grain. Nails on a chalkboard. Chewing on a sweater. It's hard to bear.

I'm already plotting co-ordinating a couple of days jogging at the track next week because I'm good at doing my own thing.

Sometimes I suck at following someone else. Bad.

Moving on.

TODAY! Today I have the morning off. I'm going from one form of torture to the next you could say. I'm taking the kids shopping for School clothes with my MOTHER.

If that doesn't scream fun I don't know what does.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I'd much rather sleep than exercise anyday :p

Shopping with your mother? If she's anything like my mother, I'd rather chew my foot off..

Have a good weekend! Btw..read my blog, I went on that date last night...