Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'll Have The Usual ...

Here it is Thursday, AGAIN. What is up with the weeks flying by at lightening speed (like the evenings from 5-10), yet still having their grinding halt for speed bump moments (like work at 2 PM). My head spins one minute and I can hear crickets chirping ... or is manitis?

I've had my moments this week of wanting to choke my teenager. For example, pulling into the parking lot of the orthodonist the other day and hearing how her brother ... and I quote ... "gets all the new stuff." Her ability to dumbfound me is amazing and even worse, I find myself being sucked in by replying. Why, oh why, do I not just laugh it off.

Instead I engage her and want specific examples, yet I can come up with none to prove to her that it really is HER that gets all the new stuff ....

Like a newly painted bedroom (oh SHUT UP, I know it's not even close to being done yet but the thought DOES count)
New furniture
New clothes
New DS games
New DVDs
New CD's
New Songs for her
New Ipod

I think in her mind it's only new for one day and then ... its older than dirt. I do realize there is no arguing with the teen psyche' but I'd like to try.

Even if it makes me insane OR makes me not want to paint EVER again. Heh.

The last two days I've spent with my new friend Mr. Icepack. I seem to have pulled a muscle on the outside of my calf. I don't know HOW and I'm not sure exactly when. I can tell you that by the end of class YESTERDAY I could hardly walk. Which is fun, you know as you are trying not to grimace or make like your leg KILLS. So you casually put on your shoes and then scream and bite your shirt as you drive home (thankfully the leg I hurt is not the accelerator pedal).

I followed the whole RICE theme. And no, we aren't talking Chinese Food here. We are talking Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Alright, I LIE. I can't rest.

My inability to ignore mess doesn't allow for resting of any sort. I would just drag my leg along and hop back and forth to get what I needed done. I wish my obsessive cleaning had a switch I could turn off sometimes. On the other hand, company can always stop by.

Work's been fun this week. The yeller has been over the top in the kindness department. I've been hanging out in my office (you know RESTING my bum leg) so my productivity has been through the roof this week. Sadly I can't visit here from there.

Not that it stops a certain VP from casually using my shredder and then lingering BEHIND ME. It's this scenario that I think brought down my second blog (it's shameful how dense I can be sometimes, isn't it?) It took me only a second or two to realize he was lingering so I turned and look up at him and saw him just STARING at my computer.

I was reading the NEWS. Oh, have I laughed about that over the past few days.

Enough about work. That Tabu topic.

There has been much excitement in my Library this week. I have added (because I finished painting it) the final bookcase and I bought (and put together) a bench seat. All of books now have a home. The area has become magnetic for me and my little piece of heaven. It has also brought home how SOMEONE NEEDS TO KILL ME IF I BUY ANY MORE BOOKS. I do not need any ... period. You will see what I mean, when I post pictures.

It's going to be 90 here this weekend. Or so I'm hearing on the weather reports. I am thinking of surprising the kids and taking them YARD SALING. Yes, I am that dorky. It's not that we need anything, it's more the point of buying USED stuff that I want to make to my teenager.

Is that wrong?

I don't think so either. We will see how it goes. It doesn't have to be this weekend, next weekend works too.

I will end here, with a wish to everyone for a Happy Friday.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I LOVE yard sales. Can I go?

It's going to be in the 90's here this weekend. I know I was complaining about cold weather, but come on now it's too hot too fast!

Happy Friday to you too!