Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

We missed the Veteran's Day Parade. I wish I could say each year that we've gone but we haven't. We always miss it. The sad thing about that is the parade route goes right by the house. I could probably of caught it on the screened in porch. If the door wasn't barricaded by my daughter's endless boxes of stuff (and still no progress on the painting either, ugh).

We did hear the drums and the trumpets. There's always next year right? A did give pause and said a prayer for all of those who fought for our country and those currently doing so. That counts for something? Right?

I have nothing exciting to report for this long weekend. Ok, I lie. I did LOTS of stuff but it was inbetween feeling like I'm dying so there was much less enthusiasm than usual.

I have pictures and will post them, soon.

Right now I must focus on work that didn't get done because I was busy blowing my nose, overdosing on Cold & Sinus Meds and whatnot this weekend.

Oh and if you happen to see a lung flapping around in the road, it's mine.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Finally this stupid thing let's me leave a comment!

lmao at lung flapping in the road!

Amy said...

Wait, I think MY lung is along the road somewhere - or in the trash next to my bed - Would you PLEASE stop sharing your germs with ME!!!

LOL

Are you feeling any better? I'm feeling a bit better. My throat is still nasty but my lungs seem to be in place. That's progress.