Monday, May 19, 2008

From This Point Of View

Join me in a chorus will you?

The one where we chant how it's going to be a long week. Yes, that one. I often sit her, early AM, and reflect on my week. Because it's Monday and the day is just beginning, I envision sitting at the very top of the rollercoaster. I've gone though the horrible "click click" part and now we are on the crest of craziness but you hang there for a second ...

I should mention here how much I loathe roller coasters. They scare the pants off me.

Much like this week. There's an analogy for you. I got the word Sunday morning that my Nana, may she rest in peace, had passed in the night. My dad? Now has no immediate family. He's taking it hard. It doesn't matter that she lived to see a 100, barely, she was and always be his mother.

My heart breaks for him. I will be attending both the wake and funeral and I will ponder, over the next few days, my own mortality. The most I can offer to my father, is being there for him. It seems like nothing to me but I know it will be significant to him.

So I stand before you ... blogland ... saying once again ...

1 comment:

jenny said...

oh, mig...sorry to hear about your gram.