Monday, January 21, 2008

All For Nothing



So I went to visit a friend of mine today. She let me go shopping in her basement. Let's see, there's a large variety of tylenol, advil, shampoo, conditioner, wet wipes, razors, body wash, soap, band-aids, feminine products, gum and candy ... just to name a few things. I took a picture of today's loot. Four shopping bags FULL. FOUR people!

My friend is someone who spends alot of time (clearly) clipping coupons AND scouring the local drug stores for "sale" items.

The end result? ...... Is shelf after shelf of goodies. At a cost to her of next to nothing (think under $10 for over $70+ in merchandise, everytime)

It gets even better ... SHE SHARES, with family & friends. While I would be her friend anyway, all this stuff is certianly an extra bonus. This is the third time she has sent me home with bags of goodies. I'm thinking at some point she will get burnt out. I mean listening to how she figures it all out and how she gets the inside scoop on deals ... is very involved. But right at this moment she's all about "sticking it to the man" (her words)

As for me?

Free Q-tips for everyone!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. I seriously need a friend like that. Although, if you can't eat it, it's not a high priority in this house. Q-tips? nice, yes, but not a dinner item. Now, some spaghetti or salad fixings, ohhh yeah!!

Holly said...

AHHHHHHHH.....feminine products and chocolate! What EVERY woman needs!

I've caught some great deals, like getting $150 worth of groceries the other day for $72, but NEVER $70 worth for $10! I need to start doing me some SERIOUS coupon clipping!

Anonymous said...

Dadburn....

Send me directions to her house. I'll make Trish befriend her as well.

Sassy said...

Sounds like a deal to me!