Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Staring Makes Me Paranoid

I AM NOT TIRED. Talk about getting a complex, I think if one more person asks me that I might have to beat them with my shoe. Or kill them, I can't decide which.

Last night, my group met with the Chief of Police among other key emergency personnel for the purpose of discussing a special request. As soon as I walked into our meeting room the Chief (yes, I was late, thanks for noticing) said this ...

"Here comes trouble ..." Sure laugh, everyone else did. I turned a couple shades of red, while I attempted to play it cool ... change the subject ... hand out materials ... clear my throat, die a little.

As I took my usual notes during the discussion I would catch his eye. He was sitting on the opposite side of the table and four people to my right. Each time I looked up, he was looking at me. Analyzing. I half expected him to pull me aside at the end of the meeting to make sure, oh I don't know, that I hadn't gone completely INSANE.

What are the odds ... I asked myself ... that he knows on the same day I was pulled over by one of his guys, hysterically crying (that alone stands out, I would think) and given a warning, that my son was ALSO reported as possibly missing. ~sigh~

That's the downside of knowing everyone in Town. They know you.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I think he wants you. And just so you know...I killed the Easter Bunny because he doesn't bring me shit! lol