Monday, October 13, 2008

Taking A Deep Breath

I cannot even being to think about how crazy this week is going to be. At least not until tomorrow morning. I still have stuff I need to pull together tonight.

Focus. Mig. Focus.

This weekend was wonderful. Yes, I did a lot of cleaning. Yes, I did a lot of laundry. But there were some great family moments and while when they were happening I was thinking "I'm so blogging this" but ... now? As I sit here and try to remember them, they escape me, completely.

Figures.

I am pleased with the Halloween decorating that took place. I'll post some pictures this week. My oldest really came through for me, doing lots of yard work, right by my side. She deserves some serious applause. Exactly one week ago she asked me for a list of chores to do that would work off the money she owed. (think $30 for a DS game she HAD to have)

To be fair, the list I gave her was extensive and some of the items on it, (think brushing knots out of the back of our gigantic cat) that I didn't think she'd do. She did them all. She didn't complain once.

I'm impressed.

Adding itself into the mix, my latest obsession. Mice. I think only one but I could be mistaken. It left a trail in my storage area. Ew. Here is where my keen eye comes in handy. Seriously? Low lighting, flashlight use mandatory, hundreds of items, misc. boxes and too much stuff crammed into one place and I? Notice a trail of tiny logs.

Now it's all I can think about. Using some peanut butter and two circle traps, I am now playing the waiting game.

It's going to be a long winter.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Ugh. Mice.

a few years ago the stupid apartment complex gave me a glue box for a mouse. I'd never used one before and never will again. That poor mouse. It was inhumane. I had to throw him in the dumpster. I felt so bad.

Can't wait to see your pictures!