Friday, May 3, 2013

Don't Get Me Wrong

I really do love my job.  I haven't always loved the people I work with but I do enjoy that it's ten minutes away, decent pay and benefits and I always have the flexibility to take time off, when needed.

But these days?

After our well loved, liked and annoyed by, CFO, retired in October, responsibilities were split and an outside accountant was hired to come in two days a week to fill in the gap.

Now, I have all these really large, daunting sometimes, responsibilities.  They all look good on my resume but the reality of how much I am taking care of, overwhelms me.

This week especially.  I am feeling like I can't get things done quick enough and things are just getting done by the "skin of my teeth".

I am soooo glad its Friday.  I am sooo glad to have two days off.  The weather is suppose to be really nice and I am thinking a quick trip to the beach might be in order.

Relax and renew.  Because Monday?  The whole things starts over again. 

No comments: