Friday, May 21, 2010

Underlying Stuff

I am so glad it's Friday. Not just because I have the day off but because I just need a break from work right now ~waves to boss~.

In a nutshell, it very difficult in the office with the intervention we staged with our boss (over a week ago today) and the owner of the company. Let's just say it is no easier to hear constructive criticism when you are at the top of the food chain than the bottom.

The ego is huge people. HUGE.

Anyway, I'm glad to escape that stress today. As well as the stress I'm living with each and every day in this house, since the plantar fibroma diagnosis my man received a couple weeks ago. I find it difficult to not cry, which sort of goes again my whole "be strong for everyone" mantra.

Today I'm not thinking about any of it.

The sun is shining.
It's going to be in the 70's.
I'm spending a good part of the day doing nothing but fun stuff for myself and with my friend whose company I greatly enjoy.
And I refuse to feel badly about any of it.
For a change.
I won't be getting a jump start on errands or laundry.
But I will be enjoying myself.
Starting ....

Now!

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself for a change!

Happy Friday to you, too!