Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Irritating

I am finding a whole bunch of things bug me these days. I am trying to stamp the annoyance back down but in some ways I'm not successful.

I have been having stomach pains for over a week now. Not that I'm doubled over, just that I can feel that my stomach doesn't "feel" good.

I'm not liking it one bit.

Course I consulted the ever-reliable Dr. Google. And discovered any one of my symptoms fall under, gall stones, IBS and/or stomach cancer.

Yeah. So I made a doctor's appointment. First there was the dreaded weigh in. The one in which I wanted to beat the scale with a sledgehammer. You know, because it LIES. Then there was the whole consultation, wherein I explain how I feel all "bleah".

The diagnosis is an irritated stomach lining. We hope. To be safe I left four tubes of blood behind to be tested for liver, pancreas and white cell counts. I go back in two weeks.

I am hoping to be more patient by then and less stressed.

In the meantime, I have a prescription for a stomach acid reducer.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I had to go to the doctor today too. I've convinced myself that their scales are WAAAY off, and your post is more proof to me. I think they do it so we all want to "lose a few pounds" after seeing them. There is NO WAY I weigh what they said. And that's my story and I'm sticking with it...

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Sassy said...

Hope everything turns out well. I've had stomach problems forever. Had my gallbladder taken out and all that crap and my stomach STILL hurts. So I know how you feel, and it sucks!

Thinking of you and praying for good results!