Thursday, April 29, 2010

President of Nothing

Hello Everyone!!!

For those of you who do not know me, my name is Mig. I have been with the Mother's Club in one form or another for the past ten years. Since this was the year that we didn’t have any nominations for elected officials, myself and a few others have stepped up to do what we can and I am proud to say that I have chosen the role of President. I can only hope that I am able to fill the very big shoes of those who have had this role before me in what will be an unusual year.

My first order or business is to promote our yearly YARD SALE!! This is one of our biggest events and we hope to be able to raise enough funds to offer one scholarship to Local High School #1 and one scholarship to Local High School #2 as we have done in the past. This year’s yard sale will be held at the Old Town Hall on Saturday, May 8th from 8 AM to 3 PM. Drop off will be on Friday, May 7th from 4 – 9 PM. We would appreciate any and all donations that you have for us. The only limit this year is that we won’t be accepting any Computer Monitors or related items and we won’t be accepting any TV’s. But feel free to send along everything else you have.

I will also be looking for volunteers to help out and will send a schedule out shortly.

The second order of business is a special request, from me. I would like to know who is interested in joining the Mother's Club this year. Our Vice President as well as myself, have decided to waive the $30 membership fee for this year. So please email me back and let me know, as I don’t want to be sending you emails if you are no longer interested in being part of our group.

The third order of business is assistance from everyone in trying to locate any Mother's Club inventory that you may have (party items, committee stuff, officer boxes, aprons, banner, craft fair signs and anything else that could be out there that we need to keep together). If you could let me know, where you are and what you have, I will come and get it.

Some recent Mother's Club, is that we are looking at merging our group with another Mom’s Club. There are some legal issues that need to be researched before we move forward with that, so we have decided to run each of the clubs side by side for this year. I would like to invite each of you to visit the other Mom's Club site and set up an account, as we will begin using it as a forum for upcoming events and for discussions.

I hope that you will decide to rejoin and help the Mother's Club transition into a club that has technology, continuity and gives back to the communities as many mom’s before us have done.

Thank you for your time! Mig, President

No comments: