Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friends In All The Right Places

I don't think I could have had a nicer "friend" Saturday. I went from having no set plans (other than the usual, SLAVE LIST) to doing some fun things.

The first was an invite to go to a High School Yard Sale. I don't know if any of you have had the chance to attend one of these but they always have interesting things. Without missing a beat I was up for going (I mean who can beat, INDOOR yard sales, no one really) even if it meant leaving the house at 7:30 AM on a Saturday morning.

It's not like I'm sleeping past 7 AM on any given morning anyways. (passes a glare to the youngest child in the family) We used the GPS to get us there. Which was sort of interesting because I swear the GPS has a mind of it's own. It's great to see my youngest (age 3) get into walking around and finding treasures. She left with a few goodies and who cares if all the pieces aren't there, she certainly didn't.

My second invite was related to a birthday celebration at the Mall that my oldest daughter was invited to. I guess I was a mall hound at her age too, but these days, I'm so NOT FEELING the mall. I really get the impression it's trying to pry every bit of change or dollars out of my wallet and that's before I've gotten out of my car. Heh.

But I was invited. Lunch was offered and these two gals (while they aren't a replacement for Supercool JennyJ, they are incredibly sweet and kind to me, so I'll keep them) spent the entire time entertaining me with different stories about their own children, work and what not. The time flew by and ended with an AVON Overstock goody bag for me. Oh YEAH!

I think the hardest part I had about the whole day was that I got NOTHING DONE.

No comments: