Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's Not Covergirl!

So, let's just say that I'm glad yesterday is over AND quit there. (Note: I did take pictures of the various surprises I got but until my laptop returns, you won't be seeing them.)

Moving onto my post about various shades of beige. YES, I know you all did try and tell me that I shouldn't be foolish enough to think I could actually buy a can of beige paint off the shelf and not .... utterly and completely ... dislike it.

(you in the back, quit laughing!)

Truthfully I knew when I took the lid off the can. There was that nagging in the back of my mind. The color alarm going off. But I thought, well .... it might not dry that bad. Right? Ahahahahaha. It dried worse.

It looks like women's make up. Women's foundation. Caked on.

Currently two of the windows are outlined in it. We can't have that. No siree. The next thing ya know, I'll be hanging up deep purple curtains and changing my name to Stella. SO, I'm back looking at the paint samples and trying to decide if I want to go completely BOLD with a dark beige/brown or do the opposite with a light beige. And yes, I have been watching a little too much of Colorsplash. Nice of you to notice.

At any rate, over the weekend there will be some painting going on. Amid the comments from the two teenagers. One who thinks dirty white is a perfectly good color and the other who just rolls her eyes at everything.

My youngest, however, wants to grab a brush and paint everything.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

LOL

I'd be rolling my eyes. I hate painting! Maybe because I'm not very good at it.

Good luck!