Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well This Is Interesting ...

There are many evils regarding Facebook, of this I'm sure. But what I find most interesting is the side of my oldest daughter that I am getting to see. Whether she forgets that I'm there watching and reading I'm not sure.

But in her latest note (posted at 1 AM this morning) she recaps the year of 2009. Mostly answering questions in a way that I knew she would. But at the end, she had to put x's in the boxes that applied. Here is how she x'd them. (a complete cut and paste on my part)

"In 2009 I also....

[x] broke a promise
[x] fell out of love
[x] told a little white lie
[x] lied
[xx] cried over a broken heart
[xxxxxxxx] disappointed someone close
[xxxx] hid a secret
[xxxxxxxx] pretended to be happy
[] slept under the stars
[] kept your new years resolution
[] forgot your new years resolution
[x] met someone who changed your life
[] met one of your idols
[x] changed your outlook on life
[x] sat home all day doing nothing
[] pretended to be sick
[] left the country
[] almost died
[x] given up on something/someone important to you
[] lost something expensive
[x] learned something new about yourself
[x] tried something you normally wouldn't try and liked it
[x] made a change in your life
[x] found out who your true friends were
[x] met great people
[] stayed up til sunrise
[x] cried over the silliest thing
[x] had friends who were drifting away from you
[] had a high cell phone bill
[] spent most of your money on food
[] had a fist fight
[] went to the beach with your best friend(s)
[x] gotten sick
[] liked more than 3 people at the same time

[x] DIED OF STRESS. x.X Five or six times."

This speaks volumes to me. And tells a story that she hoped to keep me from knowing.

2 comments:

Amy said...

awww. Poor eldest has had some rough happenings this past year. Maybe it's all good that her mom knows and cares so much about her!

Sassy said...

Sometimes I forget who can see me on facebook too. But it's a good thing for you and your daughter. It breaks the ice for things you need to talk about, in case you need to talk! =)