Monday, January 25, 2010

Testing My Faith

This letter in my mail box today ...

Dear Mig,

Your recent mammography or breast ultrasound examination showed an area that we believe is probably benign (probably not cancer). However, in 6 months, you should have a follow-up mammogram to confirm that this area has not changed. Please call the scheduling department at (555) 555-5555.

A report of your results were sent to: ~insert Mig's doctor's name here~

Although mammography is the most accurate method for early detection, not all cancers are found through mammography. A breast finding of concern should never be ignored despite a normal mammogram. If you notice any new changes in your breast(s) you should bring them to your health care provider's attention immediately.

Thank you for allowing us to help in meeting your health care needs.


Department of Diagnostic Imaging


Google tells me I've got an 80% chance it's nothing. 20% it is.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

OMG. That's crazy! Yeah, glad you made an appointment. And six months? Geez...six months could do a lot of damage if it was something. I will pray for you!!!! Love you!