Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Will Admit

.... that entering into someone's house that is messy, has stacks of stuff on every horizontal place, smells, has a sticky floor (that last one totally skeeves me) or greets you with a large smelly dog - while I pretend to smile and nod my head in agreement when its said to excuse the mess - my body goes into "must clean" mode and I have to hold myself back.

.... that previous statement isn't entirely true. First I think about the Spray Bleach and towels I have in my car and how handy they would be here.

.... I am not a fan of bleach, unless there is some serious dirt, yo.

.... how important it is to me that my children do well in school. And these days I'm feeling like an EPIC failure. With my son's C's and a D in math last term. To my oldest daughter's fingerquote high school fingerquote stress inducing drama that it brings. (See previous post w/ x's.)

.... that I love my black jeep.

.... in light of our current financial situation (think bad) my husband, in complete disregard of it, bought a 32" flat screen TV for our bedroom and I like it.

.... I am enjoying reading 10,001 Ways To Live Large on a Small Budget in spite of the fact that my boy didn't feel we needed to resort to that. My arguing that the do-it-yourself pickle recipe was a must try, did nothing to change his mind either. (Perhaps Snookie would be more interested)

.... my ultimate favorite lip balm is Pomegranate Burt's Bees. I may have to go out on a limb here and state that I probably never use chapstick again.

.... that I am feeling anxious about our new tenants. I'm trying extra hard to avoid seeing them just so I don't have to take a chance that they might want to discuss how cold it is downstairs or that an appliance is having issues. They assure me they love the place, so I am hoping winter passes quickly and by next year, it'll be old hat.

.... I am looking forward to heading to Lowes to buy toilet seats. In each bathroom, the seats are loose and the screws stripped. I am ready to be done with sliding cheeks.

No comments: