Monday, July 13, 2009

Everything In Moderation ...

I can't believe it's Monday ... again ... the weekend flies by and before you know it's back to sitting behind a desk, answering phones ... and this week ...

Taking applications. We ran an employment ad on Friday and by the time I left there was plenty of interest. We filled the two slots within minutes ... and now to deal with the rest ...

I have meetings Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week. Thursday we are going to hear a band play, which is fun but work too. There's a long stretch until Friday and if I'm lucky, another weekend with no plans.

I spent my weekend, inside. While it was beautiful and sunny outside, I had much cleaning I wanted to do inside. Cleaning what you ask? Like there could even remotely be a spot in my house that isn't already clean? Cleaning two bedrooms that were long overdue for it. I do mean long people! I can safely say that four trash bags later, lots of dust bunnies, dirty clothes and stinky bedsheets later, the house is certainly smelling better, overall. I am still several loads of blankets and sheets away from being done with the whole thing, but I am loving the freshness.

None of this changes the fact that my babies are so far away from home or the aching in my heart from not seeing them.

I am already tired of hearing how great this is for all of us.

It doesn't feel great at all.

2 comments:

Amy said...

No, we just say that because in the long run...yeah, but who really cares about the long run? I had to call and talk with mine about his mission trip this week via phone. That about killed me. And that I won't be the first to hear all about it? It's really going to do me in. I just want him home. And I have weeks to go.

Sassy said...

Aww poor Mig. *hugs*