Thursday, July 16, 2009

And It Made Me Cry ...

I found this in my boy's room. He left out a porceline figure of a yellow finch. He got it at the yard sale we worked at in the spring.

I realize my photography leaves something to be desired (you in the back HUSH).

So I'll translate it.

"Dear Mom and Dad:

I wanted to give you something to remember me by while I'm gone. But Mom* please remember, like a bird I have to leave the nest at some point but unlike most birds I will always come back to the nest.

*and Dad, sorry to leave you out.

P.S. I'm going to miss you and Dad too :-) and remember no matter what I say or do, I love you."

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Aw, what a smart and sweet kid! You must be some kind of great parents! =)

*hands you a tissue*

Amy said...

That is so freaking sweet!! I love that he was thinking of you when he was leaving and he KNEW you would have a hard time letting him go.

You've sure raised some great kids, Mig (Mr. Mig, too!)