Monday, June 8, 2009

Suprising

Here we are .... Monday ... f'en again. This morning I've already been up and worked out, now I'm showered and almost ready to wake the kids and get the day moving.

But first, I thought I'd stop in and share some thoughts ... whatnot ...

I went to a High School Graduation Party yesterday. It was very sweet, as far as they go. This boy (man?) has special needs and in many many many ways reminds me of my own brother. His mom was telling us all how she cried as he walked across the stage to get his diploma and as her oldest, I can see how she savored every minute of it. She was so grateful that I was there and I have to say, I contributed nothing other than a lot of food eating and some idle chatter with a few relatives and friends.

Sometimes it's just your presence that counts ... I guess.

I finished an entire book in two days. I have to say that it is not often that I am enthralled, so much so, that at every moment I can manage, I'm reading the next page to see what happens. This book? Got me from page one and held my attention to the very end. Its a three part series, so I am right now, waiting for the second book. It was written in the late 80's and has to do with a childhood fairytale but with a sinister (and very perverted) twist.

That's all I'm saying on it. For it was? Sick? but very interesting. I don't even want to know what that says about me.

And yes, I am rambling, what of it?

I accomplished my goal this weekend. Just check my stove and kitchen floor and you can get an idea of what the rest of the house looks like. I'm trying to not let it bother me, because in truth, I had one of the better weekends than I've had in a long time. Instead of being a slave to the house I actually did some things I enjoy.

As I'm gearing up for the week, which starts ... now ... I'm plotting as to how I can squeeze in a little cleaning each day so maybe this coming weekend, I can do the same thing.

We shall see how it all plays out ....

No comments: