Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Never Enough ...

Everyday, I sit and put on my make-up. Toner, moisturizer, concealer, eyeliner, mascara, blistex.


Day after, day after day, this happens.


I was thinking this morning how funny it would be to watch a clip of myself doing this, everyday. For years! Some of the days I'm in a hurry and might skip something (not the blistex, that's mandatory) or some days I might put on something extra, like eyeshadow or use face powder. Hair up? Hair down. Blow dry? Leave wet. Exhausted. Wide Awake. Mad. Bored. Hurried.


Every day. The same but a little different.


There really was not point to that, I was just thinking about it.

Fast forward to tonight, where I sit, in my bedroom, make-up off preparing to get down to business. Business of putting together a book that an upcoming Town Meeting where everyone will vote on it. My months of pulling together figures and fixing formatting. Yes, I'd like to be reading, or uploading pictures (soon, I swear), or attempting to teach myself how to do embroidery, but instead ...

I'm working. Sitting in the semi-darkness with the window open, a single lamp on. The TV is off and my door is closed. I have one hour of solitude to crank this stuff out ... and maybe, if I have enough time, I can paint my nails before bed.

We shall see.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I look like night of the living dead without make-up. And my hair? It does what it wants to do.

If I only had a penis...