Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ranking High On The Worst Day Ever

  1. Someone is accessing my personal files that I have on the desktop of my computer at work. I won't get into the details, but I know this and it's been going on for several months. Yesterday, I sat at the accountant's desk to do some work and I see that his computer has accessed this E://My Stuff/Private/dprojectchart.xls. What the HELL?!?!?! (note: There is no E: drive I checked but when I put in my jump drive, it popped up as E: drive, so this guy copied ALL MY PERSONAL FILES)
  2. Thinking about #1 as I went to run my errands at lunchtime, I get pulled over for failing to stop at a stop-sign (it's a $100 fine, in case you were wondering). I am already under a huge amount of stress, police give me anxiety. I cannot even talk to the guy because I am sobbing. He actually asked me what was wrong (like in my state of mind I can put into a tiny package the difficulties of my life). I just told him (between sobs) to do what he had to do and I would JUST DEAL WITH. (he gave me a warning and got the heck out of there as fast as he could)
  3. Finally making it through my day, coming home and relaxing for an hour before realizing I completely FORGOT to pick up my son at school. AN HOUR PEOPLE the school is now closed. I rush over there, search the sidewalks for my boy walking, I get to the school, I run through the building and there. is. no. sign. of. him. anywhere. I talked to a couple of teachers who are on their way out and they give me a couple of helpful suggestions. I hop in my car and search more.
  4. Find out he did walk home, the longest route you could possible take. I hug him and don't let go. Last night, the truant officer stopped by to make sure that we found him, they were preparing to put out an Amber Alert.
  5. I cannot make this stuff up if I tried.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Aww. It sounds like you are having a rough time. Anything I can do?