Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just Get It Over With

Why do certain aspects of every day suck? It's very rare that you have a single day where everything is just wonderful and perfect and there are no issues.

Oh yes, the sink saga continues. Progress but the latest involves the need for a torch of some kind.

I am struggling with working and interacting with men, all day, everyday. My night work? The same thing. I have so few women in my life. I could go a whole day without even speaking to one (children aside). I used to like it. Now I don't. Men are big on solving. So if I share any of my personal life life with any of these men I work with, they want to give me a solution or they half listen. Or they just don't get it.

None of that is helping me, grow as a person. If anything I am feeling stunted.

The latest round of new girlfriends in my life, I have zero tolerance for. (and not you guys, so don't go thinking I am speaking about any one of you) They tell me about their lives and I'm less than interested in it. Heck, I try not to yawn. We have moments were we get along great and have a good time. And then the tide turns, and I feel like they are over-baring so I back off. It doesn't help that these two in particular were friends with each other long before I came along.

I try not to think about it, but I have a feeling that they talk about me, to each other.

~sigh~

What I thought was a benefit, being friendly with my daughter's friend's mothers, is not what I has turned out to be. When it comes right down to it, I am protective of my child and, in their case, at the expense of the friendships, I guess.

Well enough cryptic talk.
I must sleep.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

I used to think friends had to be a big part of my life. Then I got stabbed in the back. I try to keep my distance these days. Which sucks. I don't think I've ever had one true friend. It's hard for me to trust.

Wish we lived closer to each other! I know we would be good friends. Then we could talk about THEM. mwahahaha

jenny said...

Well, due to your disclaimer I'm assuming I'm safe. Friendly with your daughter's friend's mom? Really? Hold on, let me send you a text about that!

I would totally hug you if I were the hugging type. It's been a helluva week.