Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Real Deal

Hey, I'm putting up and actual post. I know it's been days. It's been a long week, full of worry and stress.

Good times.

My oldest girl has had some plumbing issues flair up. It raises huge flags because of the bladder reconstructive surgery she had in the third grade (read: 8 yrs old and lower abdomen scar). So after some discussion, a trip to the pediatrician, an ultrasound and much concern ...

I know nothing more than I did when she first told me. Could be spasms or it could be something else entirely. I realize it will all get sorted out but it's very difficult, when you are going through tests that bring back not fond memories, to just wait and see.

I'm really tired of "the wait and see." Yo.

She stayed home yesterday and today she did go to school. Everything went okay. Or I should say, everything stayed in okay. We meet with the pediatrician Monday to go over everything. I think I can hang in there until then.

Frayed nerves and all.

In other news, I will be hosting an "anti-valentines" day party, here, at Mig's. There will be six teenagers present, all consuming some sort of sugary drink and eating every slice of frozen pizza and chips in the house, while playing video games.

Yup, it's business as usual here.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I have bladder issues. They suck. Hope everything works out okay for her.

Can I come to the party? I'm anti-valentines day too!

I'll bring something sweet...

ME.

haha

HAPPY FRIDAY!