Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baby Steps

My boss was kind enough to give me an extra day off. I celebrated by going back to bed and sleeping until noon. Shocking. I know.

I think all the crying and sadness wore me out.

In other news, I went to the grocery store TWICE today to get evaporated milk. I thought I needed two 5 oz cans of it. Apparently I am thinking of some other recipe. Not only did I get sweetened condensed milk the first time and curse myself, the second time I got the correct two 5 oz cans and then double checked the recipe and it now calls for 14 oz. (bang head here)

Arg!

I considered briefly using the condensed milk but I am not sure how to adjust the sugar. I might wing it, since the recipe calls for three cups of sugar, I could probably use less but it might compromise the entire batch, of fudge that is.

All this seems minor in comparison to loosing a loved one. So I'm not dwelling on it.

I'm ending my evening with yet another Controversial Committee Meeting. This one I am going to. (now there is a NEWS FLASH) Our Chairman resigned. And in the last 24 hours there has been enough news to call into question the integrity of a gaming establishment even being able to come to our Town. Making this meeting, tonight, all the more interesting.

I will report back.

And.

Thanks for all your support. You guys rock.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

That was nice of your boss.

I am always here to support you. You rock!

*hugs*