Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Zero

Why is it not FRIDAY yet? When I say that in my head, it's just like I can hear my mother's voice. Where she says "you are wishing your life away."

I heard from her yesterday afternoon and from the tone in her voice I could tell something was up. She only spoke about my dad and my brother, she didn't talk about herself. She didn't need to, I know what she is dealing with. I know she is depressed.

My dad, it would seem, is having a hard time remembering anything these days. I noticed it when we were on vacation and my mom reports that it's gotten worse. The doctor tells him it's stress. My mother doesn't deal well with doctors. I explained what she needed to do as his wife but I don't really know if she gets it.

It's frustrating to say the least.

I never thought at this stage in my life I would be wishing that my parents lived closer to me. Granted they are only about a half hour away right now but it isn't close enough.

As each day goes by I realize that their days are numbered, more so than my own, and it scares me. I mean really scares me.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

It scares me that I'm getting older. I'm just hanging out waiting to croak. haha

My parents..ugh. They are like kids, I swear. But I don't have a good relationship with them, the further away they live, the better. I know, that makes me not so nice, doesn't it? You'd understand if you knew the story. :p

I have electric! yay!