Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Should Be Working ...

But I'm not. I'm sitting here updating my blog page and watching a monsoon outside and listening to the baby play in the tub. (I can see her too, relax, sheesh)

I spent the day doing laundry, doing grocery shopping, cleaning toilets, taking out trash and chasing the baby.

Now my butt is firmly planted in my chair (ok now it is planted. I mean now. I mean now, REALLY) and I should be getting to my work. Instead ...

I'm distracted. Thinking about the week that has past and all the stuff that went on. Want to hear it? Here it goes ... Monday I did some extra work, after work (so not fun). It took me until Tuesday, after work to complete.

Tuesday, the baby had her two year checkup. She's a whopping 27lbs AND is 36 inches tall. I padded the amount of time it would take me for the appointment so I could squeeze in a quick trip to Tarshea.

Oh how I love that store. It's black heaven. Anything and everything you would want in that color is there. I was looking for a bookcase and found one cheap. The package bragged that you didn't need any tools to put it together (Only because I am so weak, a hammer was essential). It looks nice and it reminds me that once that one is filled, I am out of options for book storage in my book nook.

Wednesday, my son, had a dentist appointment. Three cheers for the dentist! (you in the back quit BOOING) He had a deep cavity to fill and a loose tooth. The dentist was more than willing to kill two birds with one stone and while my son objected ...

He was overruled. As a BONUS, he no longer believes in Santa or the Easter Bunny, so I am no longer on tooth fairy duty. Whooie!

Thursday I thought was haircut day and I thought that until WEDNESDAY when I checked my appointment card and found that it's next week. My bad. But instead of haircuts it was therapy for the boy.

There is nothing like sitting in the waiting room with your two year old who wants to talk about her POOPY BUM. (I cannot make this stuff up) AND she also wanted to talk about the guy who was trying to nap. Every time he closed his eyes there was a five minute discussion on whether he was sleeping or not, which would result in her getting really close to him and then shrieking.

I am a firm believer that children should have a mute button and why don't they?

Friday was the big lie day. I was supposed to go over a friends house and do some scrapbooking, which I will admit I have been faithfully doing. But Friday night? I just wanted. to. be. home. So I s~t~r~e~t~c~h~e~d the story of my sinus headache and pleaded needing to rest.

A word to the wise, sometimes I change my mind.

No comments: