Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fast Forward

Four days later. The baby's face? Is hardly noticeable today, with more and more of it just coming off and leaving fresh pink skin underneath. I am like SO happy about that. Not having to do the whole explaining thing. "Oh that nasty road rash under her nose?" "Why no. She fell." along with feeling the need to feel that I must explain.

Buh-Bye. Ta-Ta. (until the next time)

Which happened TODAY. When the baby managed to fall on her head, in a RESTAURANT. Thankfully my man has super fast reflexes and managed to turn a nasty fall on the head into a loud thud with tears and staring. (don't ask) So YES that was fun.

The rest of the weekend was filled with lots of fun things. Like laundry, bathroom cleaning and pet care. Oh, I'M KIDDING (not really but let's just go with it).

There was a bookclub meeting, a 50-family yard sale and a trip to the mall this weekend. And did you know that flat screen TV's are HUGELY EXPENSIVE? Oh my goodness. I may have to fork over a child if we get one. I was amazed by the fact that the sales people weren't all over us as we lingered, lingered and lingered in front of the various models.

I'm thinking the baby is a good deterrent. Here constant chattering and demands for the smallest things (think take my socks off, put them back on, take them off, on, off, on, off) makes it near impossible to discuss anything. As I sit here and think about it, I need to bring her to the bookstore with me. HA.

So now it's Sunday night, AGAIN, and the next week looms before me. Lots of night work, lots of kid stuff and a book sale mixed in. I'm off now to RELAX finally (where is my duct tape?).

Have a lovely evening.

No comments: