Sunday, September 28, 2008

7-14 Days

I went to the library the other day. I know, as if I don't already have enough reading material. I had gotten word that Season II of Veronica Mars was ready for me to pick up.

I have seven days to watch it. 22 episodes in seven days. Or I pay late fees. I can probably renew it, but I had to wait to get it, so I'm guessing there are other people waiting too. This week, I'll be holding a couple Mars-a-thons. I love that each episode is only 20 minutes long.

THEN, there was some browsing at the new release section where I found Dean Koontz's latest Odd Thomas book, Odd Hours. Oddly I couldn't resist checking it out. (pun totally intended)

I have fourteen days to read it. While I don't see that as a challenge, I do have my regularly scheduled book club book to read too. But if I have to choose between the two? (think Jodi Picoult and her similary pattern stories) Odd wins.

THEN, when I was going to check out my TWO items and get the heck out of there, PLAYAWAY caught my eye.

Have you heard of it? I was unaware of this new kind of book on tape idea. It's Simple. Pre-loaded. Digital. Portable. It was like my teenage years where when I was offered pot, I had to try it. NOW, I have 11.5 hours of unabridged listening to a book titled "Searching for Paradise in Parker, PA" to entertain me in between.

Oh yeah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a lot of watching!

22 episodes? I can't even watch Debbie Does Dallas that much in that time.