Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Seven & Nine

Alright so I hope you all got a chuckle out of my previous post. I've been hearing about how "leaning" might be a possibility ... so ... WHATEVAH (and you in the back, SHUT UP!).

It rained cats and dogs today so the hand print is no longer there. Works for me.

Moving On,

Guess what today is? Go ahead GUESS! GUESS! WRONG. Today my baby stood up from her booster seat and said "shake-a-bum" and if you didn't catch it the first time, again, "shake-a-bum". Now maybe she was parroting, something she does alot right now ... but then ... she ... shook ... her ... bum. Nice eh?

I have no idea who taught her that, I sWeAr!

But seriously, what today is, what today represents, is MANY things. First (and most important) it's our sixteenth wedding anniversary. I know. Say it with me. Sixteen Years. That's a long damn time to be with someone. To be with ONE person. It blows my mind because it does not seem that long at all. I mean, wasn't 1992 yesterday?

Funny how this day is the opposite of all those years ago. Then, I was fitting into my dress and having my hair french braided with baby's breath weaved in. Lots of make-up. Looking forward to our elopement and honeymoon in Cancun. My man? Had a mullet with a pony tail. (WHAT? I asked his permission, he said I could tell) If I had access to a scanner, I'd show you the picture. He wore a blue suit and tie and I wore a cream colored dress. We were married by a Justice of the Peace in her backyard under a trellis. It was the perfect moment for me. No fanfare, just us.

Mmmmmm Cancun.

Today, was a regular work day and then non-stop baby entertainment. There were no cards exchanged, no flowers, no dinner out. And that's okay, because after sixteen years, it's those little moments, like eating a home cooked chicken and laughing about stupid stuff that happened during the day, that makes it all worthwhile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

16 years??

You two should be getting medals for bravery!

Seriously though, congrats!!!

Sassy said...

16 years?! Holy cow. 16 mintues is too long of a marriage for me. :p

Congratulations!

The two of you need to go out soon and shake-a-bum to celebrate!

Holly said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOO sorry I missed this! 16 years seems like a liftime in some ways, but feels like it passed by in the blink of an eye in others, doesn't it? We celebrated our 16th on May 1 and it just didn't seem possible!

Anyway, belated Congratulations on your 16th anniversary!