Saturday, August 30, 2008

Inside The Mind Of A Teenager

I freaking wish! It's been a long long time since I was one and frankly, what I thought I remembered, isn't really what I remembered and when I look at pictures, I still don't remember.

So it's nice (as in right now, right this very minute) to be sharing my looooong weekend with mine. I've asked her to go everywhere with me. Anything from the Grocery Store to having lunch with a old School friend of mine. She's gone everywhere and she's been wonderful.

I haven't had to buy her anything either (so you in the back, HUSH).

It's like she's been craving time with me. I keep talking about all the things for her room (new curtains, new bedding, new furniture) but she's not as interested in talking about it as I am. Instead she wants to talk to me about her friends, tell me jokes, tell me stories, ask me questions about her childhood, compare herself to her baby sister, talk about the nice things her brother does for her and talk about her dad.

I am loving every minute of it and I know in just two more days, it will be back to the crazy-busy life that I lead but for the moment ....

1 comment:

Amy said...

treasure these moments, Mig!!! Love every second that you have. And just think, in 10 years, maybe you'll be having grown-up talks with your daughter and she'll talk about her job and her husband and the baby she's expecting. Oh I know, I'm rushing things, but you have such a sweet relationship and it's only going to get better!!