Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Final Countdown

Vacation is coming. I will be packing up a week's worth of everyone's crapola for five days of scenic views, a POOL (let's just pause here and bask in the chlorine glow shall we?), paddle boats, fishing and family.

My mom is footing the hotel bill. Which is most excellent because otherwise we wouldn't be going. As it is, breakfast and lunch will be in the hotel room (think cold cereal and deli meat). Dinner will be a splurge.

But even if we do nothing but hike trails and visit state parks, it's STILL a week away. A week someplace else.

Away from work. Away from cleaning. Away from caring for animals (anyone want to watch my Corgi for the week?).

Course, just because vacaton is at the end of the week, THIS week is chock full of stuff to do, every day. Ready. Set. Go.

I just keep thinking of the light at the end of the tunnel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go in your place but I ain't hiking. I'll tell you that right now!

A week anywhere other than home and work can be like Heaven at times...

Sassy said...

Can I go?

Holly said...

Have an AWESOME, FANTABULOUS vacation!