Thursday, July 10, 2008

Brought To You By The Letter P

Again, awake at 4 AM. I am hating this. Have I become the princess and the pea? This bed has a kernel of dust under it and "Oh I cannot sleep any longer".

I was suppose to jog this morning with a couple gals at the local track. We all confirmed last night we'd meet at 5 AM.

Want to know where I was at 5 AM? Sleeping. WTF? I wake up and blink several times to see my clock reading 5:17 AM. After struggling to put on clothes and get my arse out the door, I arrived at the track at 5:30 and saw the girls ... jogging.

Oh well, at least I went. Got my butt moving. I convinced a couple of them to stay extra and walk with me so I got in a two mile jog/walk kinda thing.

I took today off to head over to the lab and have my blood drawn after fasting. My man had to go too, so we made a date of it (cue the awwwwws here). You know, I find that my man is ALOT like the kids in the sense that it takes doing something one on one to hear all those juicy details I'm interested in. (just add coffee)

There was much chatting about his job and I got hear all sorts of funny stories that I just don't get, at the end of day. You know when he's dirty and tired and I'm a tad bitchy (I am too, SHUT UP).

So there has been much friction in the house about the whole painting of my daughter's bedroom situation. I have LIKE NO TIME AT ALL to do it. My daughter contributes by trashing the room because, you know, she lives in it and is a filthy pig. And my man works like a dog in his new job so his days off consist of playing WOW (that's world of warcraft for you anti-techie types).

None of these options work towards the goal of FINISHING THE ROOM ALREADY. I am taking my digital camera after I hit post here, so you all can see what I am about to do (read: CLEAN IT FIRST).

I made the declaration the other day that I was going to find out how much a contractor would charge to paint it. You know you have to add in the cracked ceiling repair, which boosts the cost considerably. The room is 13x12.4x9 foot ceilings. It is ginormous (that is too a word!).

So, after a heated discussion on why I can't just paint the room and quit trying to get out of it AND contacting places only to find pricing int he $500 to $1000 range ...

Guess what?

Oh you all are so SMART! I'm back to square one. Me painting it. ~sighs~

Fast forward to today and how we had to go to the local big box retail store for all things construction related AND while we bought 2x4's and steel door. I made us wander by the paint area, only this time I had a plan. A devious plan. Mooohahahahaha.

We looked at paint sprayers. Simple right? I thought it was going to be a tough sell. Spending a couple hundred on a good one. Turns out, the idea, was a BRILLIANT. Apparently the plan is to paint our entire house at some point, so this is an "investment".

I love it.

In theory that is. I still have to get downstairs and start cleaning and laying down covering to protect the hardwood floor. Oh and pick up FILTH.

But maybe, just maybe it will get done and THEN you won't have to hear about it anymore.

Or see pictures for that matter.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Well, I would say I'm excited about the whole painting thing, but I'm still wondering why in the hell anyone would want to jog at 5 am?! lol

If only I had that will/want power to jog...period.

That paint sprayer does sound like a good investment! I can't wait to see pictures. :D