Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4 AM

Why is it ... when I am working and it's mid-afternoon the clock creeps but when I wake up at 4 AM and can't get back to sleep, my mind starts working on all the stuff from the previous day and before I know it my alarm is going off.

I hate that. Makes for a long day.

I didn't say it on Monday (like I usually do) but this week is chock full of tedious crappe that I have had to deal with. Life around here is never dull.

Work has probably been the most interesting. I wish I could talk about it ... freely ... because you readers would DIE laughing at some of the stuff that's been going on. (you know for example and/or theoretically speaking, of course) I will share that we have a new guy in our office and he's super nice to me but the position he is in is VERY stressful to begin with. Throw in that he's worked in the industry, in sales, so he knows all these people AND, let's just say, the shoe is on the other foot, so now he has to service these customers. He's not handling it well. Yesterday he got so frustrated he slammed down his phone, got up and threw his pen against the wall. His PEN!

I cannot even begin to tell you how hard it was for me to not bust a gut right there. This guy is BIG and I'm pretty sure throwing that teeny pen wasn't very satisfying, like AT ALL.

There is SO much more and I could talk for days about it. Just not here. Sadly.

In other news, I get to go to a ladies gathering at my boss's house tonight. His very sweet wife has invited a whole bunch of mom's from Town (most of them I know) and wants us all to socialize and eat her gourmet snacks.

I'm trying not to agonize over it because we all know how that goes (think me + July 4, 2008) but I'd give my left arm to have a believable reason NOT to attend.

Lack of sleep isn't one.

Before I head out and start my day, I want to give a shout out to Sassy & Slick. Keep those witty comments coming. I love it.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I hate the alarm clock, he is not my friend..at all. lol

Work sounds..interesting. Too bad you can't blog freely about it. I work with a bunch of guys, there is never a dull moment at work.

Gourmet snacks? Are we talking like snails and stuff? :p I hope you do enjoy yourself. Maybe you can get some dirt on the boss. mwhahaha

You keep blogging, I'll keep the comments coming. Afterall, your posts crack me up!