Monday, June 16, 2008

What It Isn't


Friday's physical was uneventful. There will be no MRI on my neck due to my hands deciding that they will no longer fall asleep in the middle of the night. Oh AND I don't have any neck pain either. Apparently MRI's are hugely expensive and REAL pain is needed to justify them.

So whatever.

There was much discussion about my leg though. It was thought, that perhaps I had a hairline fracture and that might be the cause of the constant nagging pain EVERYTIME I MOVE. The tendon shown in the above picture is the tendon I think I've injured.


Now waiting rooms are always fun. You have lots and lots of time to sneak glances at people and wonder about their situation and what procedure they are having done. Some check in and go right through. Others (like me) check in and wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Finally called into review insurance information and then sent down to x-ray. Where (you guessed it) there is yet another waiting room. So THAT'S where everyone went. There were a few that I took note of.

The Harley Dude with the raspy voice. I overheard he had come back from being there earlier because the doc wanted an x-ray of this throat? Weird.

The nicely dressed woman who was white as a ghost had potentially broken both her arms in a fall off a curb. The technician told her husband he could stay in the waiting area so he told me her story. Then we ALL heard her wailing and off he went. Why when you have broken something do they make you stretch it all out in a painful way without giving any sort of drugs is just cruel.

Then there was the weird lady and her sidekick. Why is there always one? She heard the whole situation with the nicely dressed woman and was asking me questions. Like I knew anything more than what we both heard. I think it was just a lead-in to ask me what was wrong. So, like an idiot, I explained.

"So you did it exercising theeeeen?"

"I think so"

"Well it looks swollen"

"It doesn't look like anything but my leg, I have no idea what is wrong with it."

"Well can yaaaa walk?"

"Um, yes."

"Well I hurt myyyyy knee and its like the cartilage is all gone and I can hear it rubbing when I walk."

Alright, TMI. Thankfully she went on to talk to her sidekick and I could overhear her saying how she wouldn't be able to exercise anymore because of heeeer knee. Like she even exercised at all. Just sayin.

I did my x-ray next and left. They did a "wet read" which meant the doctor got the results immeidately.

So a little while later I got the call. It's not broken. Excellent.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

lmao

Sorry, but this post made me giggle! :p

Mig said...

And rightly so.

Just the mispelling of immediately is cracking me up.