Monday, June 30, 2008

Flattery When You Least Expect It

I was in the Post Office today. Yes, THE POST OFFICE. That scary place that sometimes has freaking weird people working the counter selling you stamps and asking you odd questions about what you are sending.

Well not odd, in light of that whole anthrax thing. Heh.

So I'm waiting in line and this postal guy is reading some paperwork or something, he glances up at me.

"Next" he says.

I move up. I put down this book I'm sending to California. He looks at me and says ~

"There something different about you."

I shrug and stare blankly.

"Did you cut your hair?"

I nod, no.

"You look ... lighter. Did you loose weight, maybe?"

At this point I almost feel bad for the guy. He should have quit at the cut my hair route. Because I know him from years of selling crappe on ebay I let him off the hook.

"I've lost some of the baby weight I gained."

He breaks out into this big grin. "I knew it!". "That's right, you've come in with her, how old is she."

"Almost two."

The rest was uneventful. But I have to tell you, I have no desire to eat ANYTHING now. I figure if the post office guy noticed, I MUST be making some sort of progress here.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Well that's pretty awesome. One of the guys at work asked me if I lost weight and said I looked good. =) I don't see it, but he does. I guess that's all that counts. heh

Good work!

Amy said...

Man, girl, it's just not fair. I've lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks (things fit looser, so it must be somewhat noticeable) and I was just with my family and they said NOTHING. Sigh.

Is your postal guy cute and single and interested in a midwestern girl?