Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Where I Yadada Yadada Yadada

I got up this morning to the feeling of stabbling forks in my calves. I could attribute that to spending yesterday in heels but I know it has to do with the evil bootcamp and these little step-ups we did. (think little step-ups times a freaking million)

I immediately got back into bed and said the heck with it, my legs hurt. Then I thought about how I would be spending today in heels too and it would probably make more sense to stretch and warm up my legs then spend the next hour laying in bed thinking about my day.

Sometimes I want to punch that voice of reason.

I went, I got through it. I came home and the kids got up (think 6 AM here) and got dressed without any sort of a hitch. Oh WAIT I lie. It took an entire hour and a half for my daughter to get ready and she didn't eat breakfast. (I'll get to why that is relevant in a minute)

We made it to the Funeral Home - Yadada Yadada Yadada.
We got to ride in the limo - Yadada Yadada Yadada.

During the church services the children did extremely well. Until the priest came over to shake hands. He shook my son's hand. My daughter's hand and as he shook my hand and turned to walk away. My daughter's legs crumpled under her.

It took me a second to register what had happened because she sort of fell on my son and then went in to the seat, so it wasn't completely obvious. Within 30 seconds she was fine. White as a ghost and sweating.

She fainted. Nice eh?

We went to the cemetery - Yadada Yadada Yadada.
We did the obligiatory after the services gathering with food - Yadada Yadada Yadada.

I made sure my daughter ate her weight alone in bread and she seemed fine. But I am suspicious. Her history of fainting usually means one thing.

After it was all said and done and we were in the jeep for the ride home, I thought maybe the kids might like to hit the mall. I suggested. They agreed. I loved that it was near empty. While there were gift cards to be spent by my boy, he couldn't find anything that he really wanted. That was fine with me.

I managed to not buy a single book for myself. But indulged at the candle store. I had to get a birthday gift for my bff JENNYJ. After reading her post, I was very happy that I went to visit her as her workday was ending. Sometimes, timing is everything. Stop by and wish her a Happy Birthday if you haven't already.

As I did all this driving today I realized the jeep's brakes are grinding. While that may sound borderline kinky, it's not good at all. So tomorrow I get to jump through some hurdles to get it dropped off and looked at before the loooooong weekend.

Somehow I have managed to contract some sort of plague that is brewing in my throat as I sit here. When it rains, it pours I guess.

But when it comes right down to it, I'm alive and I am a gift to others. So it isn't all bad.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad you're alive, too, and you're a gift to me each and every day. I am grateful for your Nana if only because she raised your father who raised you and for THAT, I will always be grateful.

Thinking of you today -