Thursday, May 29, 2008

Shortest Straw

Alright, here's a surprise ... I found a note mixed in with my work. It was 8:15 AM and it made me loose it completely. Anger? Frustration? Madness? I finally just washed my makeup off completely because I just couldn't keep it together. Stupid, leaky eyes.

It wasn't touching or apologetic. It was clarification. In case I didn't realize the other day the error of my ways.

I cannot make this shit up.

Shortly, thereafter, my boss came in, realizing a) I was a mess and b) there was just no pulling myself together ... so he asked me the magic question ...

Do you want to get out of here?

Can I get a HELL YES. It was like he could READ MY MIND. He even took it one step further and checked the schedule for tomorrow and then just put me on it as OUT. He told me I didn't have to say anything to anyone (which I wouldn't of been able to anyway) and that I could just go, go, go.

Note To Self: For all the issues we've had, he rocks when it counts. Period. File that away.

I have no idea what was said after I left. Or if anyone searched for the "note" I ripped into teeny tiny pieces and that I had to use all my will power to not toss it in the air. Like confetti.

I'm just glad that I get to spend the next three days getting over it and who knows, maybe by Monday I'll be okay and I can laugh at the whole thing or at least be able to say "never yell at me again, I don't deserve that" without having my eyes fill up. ~crosses fingers~

Oh and ... just because I have tomorrow off ... the baby? Has 101.2 temp.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I just got back from my vacation late Monday evening and am just now making it over here. I'm so sorry to read what all you went through at work, that so totally sucks butt! If I lived closer I'd come by and find that jerk in a back alley and whoop his azz for you!
**huggles**