Thursday, May 8, 2008

Only Because I Was Going To Resign Tonight ...

I am really tired of this controversial committee I'm on. So much so, that tonight I was seriously considering quitting.

I am not a quitter.

I am more of a stay until the bitter end kind of person.

I was willing to make an exception here because HELLO, I need a life. One that doesn't involve being out of the house every night of the week. (except Saturday nights because then I'm ALWAYS home)

So I went. Not sure what I was going to say. I was considering the cowards way out and submitting it in writing. Then I was considering just coming out with it. By the time I was walking into the meeting, I was playing it by ear.

As I came into view, making my way up the winding staircase (it's an old building we meet in, the kind with beautiful woodwork and loads of history) I hear this ...

~oh there she is~
~you should tell her~
~go on, she'll enjoy it~
~hi, Mig~
~there's a seat right here for you~
~good to see you~

I'm thinking ... are these people psychic? Can they smell quitting on me? I shrug it off and make my way to an open seat. It's a very small group tonight. Intimate comes to mind. Here is the immediate conversation.

So tell her already.

Ok, remember a couple weeks ago when you were driving by me in your jeep, you beeped and waved to me?

Yes.

Well, I was with my friend and he immediately turned to me and said "Who is that?" "She is HOT!" "Is she single?"

What the heck do I say to that? I just laugh and say, well that's nice. Not like ALL EYES WERE ON ME or anything.

Needless to say, I didn't resign. My nerve, gonzo. I sat through a somewhat long but somewhat interesting meeting. Thinking ...

2 comments:

Sassy said...

That's a great ego boost..huh? I've never seen you, but I bet you ARE hot! :p

Amy said...

You've got it girl!! How awesome was that!? That's the sort of thing you remember for YEARS!!!

So maybe save quitting for next week's meeting...