Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Red Face

So last night was our Annual Meeting. 500+ of people who care about the Town were present. All three groups that I work with at night were represented and spoke during various times at the meeting.

Where was I?

In the back with the some gals who have been in the Town for years. It's taken me a long time to become part of the group, but I'm there. Welcomed.

It is safe to say I joke alot. I don't care if you are suppose to be quiet, if I want to mention how on one of the Town Officer looks like "Ken" (Barbie's on again, off again boyfriend) I say it. (Note: Not loud enough for anyone other than this group to hear, either)

Some of my jokes were inappropriate but in my defense I wasn't the only one make them. So there's that. But when a gal walked by, who spends so much time with one of the women I work with that they both SAY the same exact things, you are hearing double.
I made this observation ~

"Have you seen SoandSo's latest act? She can drink a glass of water and still make Othergirl speak."

I think that the humor is lost in translation here. But let me tell you, no only did I make them all laugh (including myself because damn it was funny) my face turned about twelve shades of crimson too AND I might have cried a little I was laughing so hard.

What can I say?

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I LOVE those kinds of laughs. Laughing is exercise for the inside. Nothing wrong with having fun EVERYWHERE you go!