Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Height Of Dorkiness

Hey that is TOO a word. Just because I say so.

There's ALOT of that going around in the house. The "because I say so" part. For example, the argument of not putting the glass back in the sink, almost always end up with the "because I say so" and the laundry trickling out of my daughter's bedroom, sort of forming a path, needs to be picked up, "because I say so."

You get the idea. It's like my new catch phrase, or something.

SO ...

This morning ....

I hit snooze and was late to boot camp. I know, I'm only two minutes from the place so it's no big deal. WELL. TODAY. I was at the end of my street and we are talking about lighting that is dawn about to break and I see a zooming car in the distance. So I wait for it. Because, who in their right mind, at 5 AM wants a zooming car behind them. Not me.

It goes by and it's a shiny blue convertible Mustang GT 3000. I love cars like that. The whole speed, engine revving, gets me going (TMI, I know).

I head to class. The car, my dream car? Heads that way too. Heck it even pulls into the parking lot of WHERE I AM GOING.

Who gets out of it? OK here is where I say a fat ugly guy right? I would except, it's NOT. It's this bald guy, who is maybe a little large and always wears these large equipment excavating t-shirts.

I really hadn't paid too much attention to him before ... but now? HE'S THE DUDE WITH THE AWESOME CAR.

What? I can be shallow. So we start class. And we jog. And as we jog I pass just about everybody several times. What can I say, they are slow and I want to sweat as much as humanly possible, because it's 5 AM and I am paying for this torture.

I pass the bald guy and then smack right into a heavy bag with a thud. I may have then died six times over BUT KEPT RUNNING.

And so my day begins ...

1 comment:

Sassy said...

5 am is waaay too early to be doing anything, but sleeping! You know why??? Because I say so! :p