Friday, May 16, 2008

Did You Get All That?

Wow, I can't believe it's Friday already. I feel like I'm on the sidelines today. I stayed home with the baby. She had a 99.1 temp yesterday that I Motrin'd and got her through daycare.

But last night it spiked to 102 and she got all shaky. Not a fun thing to witness. So she got more Motrin and I made my plans to stay home today.

While it was nice to be home and all, SHE TURNED OUT TO BE FINE. The temp was still at 99.1 but otherwise, it was business as usual.

By 10 AM I had to get OUT OF THE HOUSE or she was going to drive me bonkers. I thought I had alot of energy, she has me beat. Every attempt I made to watch Ellen was thwarted by her chanting, her running, her falling, her throwing something ...

So I took her to the Library. Thinking we never go there and, just my @#$%ing luck, it was closed. I did the next best thing, my Plan B. The pet store. It's cheaper than the zoo, closer and I had to get fish food anyhow.

She loved it. Rabbits, hamsters, parrots, fish. It all kept her attention. Heck she was even good riding in the car. I ran a few more errands and found myself back at the Library.

Season II of Deadwood was waiting for me. Calling me, if you will.

Our Library has a little kid play area, with a dollhouse, blocks, puzzles and toy cars. I had a hard time getting her to leave she was enjoying herself. Each small child that came in, got a wave and a big HELLO from her. Even the idea of lunch couldn't get her to go.

I relented and took out puppets. A pig and a bunny. That got her finally.

Nap time consisted of me running around like a freaking lunatic. Lawn mowing, trash removal, cleaning the boy's room for the upcoming sleepover.

Nap time is not long enough.

All too soon the baby was back. On my lap. At my feet. Clinging to me. She's sleeping now and soon I will be too. But it's Friday.

No news on the Nana front. We are all playing the waiting game.

No comments: