Wednesday, April 2, 2008

To The Max

Is the new theme here, not enough time? Don't answer that. It would appear so. As I sat at my meeting last night (one that I am paid for) and the engineer droned on and on about stuff I cannot even begin to comprehend, I was thinking ...

Thinking about why it is that I torture myself week after week doing this particular job. I used to be motivated. I used to enjoy it. Now we desperately need the cash so I'm keeping it up and plotting when I can let it go.

It didn't help that this particular meeting went unitl 11:30 PM last night. It doesn't help now that I'm going to work my day on four freaking hours of sleep.

Nothing like anxiety to keep you going. Heh.

Tonight it's controversial committee time. And as always, the morning of the meeting, I'm thinking I'd like to quit. I creatively skipped the last couple work meetings and am seriously considering knawing my arm off to skip this one too.

And it's only Wednesday.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Sounds like you have way too much to do. Lack of sleep would kill me!

Amy said...

But you love this one. Even if it runs late, you always enjoy it once you're there and you're in the middle of all the excitement. Don't give it up if you don't have to. Maybe eventually you won't need the money from one of the other meetings and you can drop one of those and just keep the ones that truly interest you.