Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First It's Candy, Then It's Gum

Have you ever found that it's the very things you like about yourself that sometimes drive you crazy?

For example, say you are organized. So much so that people view you as being able to get more done, so they give you more to do.

Who says an organized person wants more to do? Maybe they have enough to do already.

OR for example, say you are a neat-freak. So much so that you cannot stand it when there are scuff marks on the floor or you search for hours for the source of the bad smell.

How is that a good thing? Spending hours each weekend, cleaning?

These are two things that should be good qualities, yet sometimes they are a downfall. Things always get messy and disorganized so you are back to square one. Perhaps there is something to be said for those who are messy can only handle one task at a time. I'll never know.

Ok so moving on.

Getting past the challenges of the week, hump day is over. Tomorrow is my Friday. I wish I could say my Friday plans involve eating bon bons and watching TV. Sadly it does not. It involves moving crappe from storage out to the truck, to be sold and/or exchanged for more usable stuff. That's right, it's ~

YARD SALE TIME.

While it is lots and lots of work. It yields lots of toddler clothing, toys and perhaps something we can use in the house. Friday is the set-up/drop off and Saturday is the sale. It's a huge volunteer effort that we hope will bring in $1,000 to be donated in scholarships to the local high schools.

I am always excited about this time of year. I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I thought you were referring to blow pops, the favorite of all elementary kids. LOL

I think you just need to put a new word in your vocab. Are you ready for it? The word of the day, Mig, is NO. Say it with me now. LOL NO. Practice saying that anytime someone volunteers you to do more than you already do. JUST SAY NO. Nancy Reagan would be so proud of you.

Holly said...

Ditto to what Amy said!

Sassy said...

Oh man..I love yard sales!