Saturday, April 5, 2008

Doing Everything .. But ...

Painting today and it's frustrating. I don't know what my problem is. It's almost like I'm procrastinating but with other chores.

For example:

Laundry (Wash, Fold, Put Away) - 5 loads
Bathrooms (Cleaned & Sanitized) - 2
Floors (Swept and Washed) - 1
Carpets Vacuumed - 2
Misc. Items Put away - 2,456,789
Bills Paid - 7
Paperwork Sorted/Filed - 43
Staircases Swept - 3
Errands Run - 4
Child Drop Off - 1

Not mentioned above is the number of times I went up and down the stairs, if you want to know the exact number for that you will have to ask my knees.

Not mentioned is the lunch I made for myself and the baby AND dinner for five of us. Dishes were loaded into the dishwasher and it is now running.

Not mentioned is the two sets of minutes that I need to have ready for Monday that aren't even started, YET. ~sigh~

I did get into my daughter's room and pick up her dirty laundry and stack the remaining items onto her bed so I could cover it with plastic. You know BECAUSE I DO WANT TO PAINT IN THERE. She's at a friend's for the night.

And, what did I find? Funny you should ask. It appears that one of my lovely kitties used the plastic (that I left in a pile on the floor) as the toilet. Could I have noticed this BEFORE I pulled it over the new bed frame?

Ummmm no. Yes it is disgusting. Yes I did clean it up.

Now it's 9:00 PM and I am beat. I am watching Death at a Funeral and eating Cinnamon Fire Twizzlers.

So much for the painting.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Girl, this makes me wonder why you look forward to the weekend at all!! I'd look forward to Monday if I were you!! LOL j/k.

Hope it improves (I'll keep reading and see if it does!!)