Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Day For People Like Me

I have no idea who came up with Administrative Professionals Day. Hallmark perhaps?

Years ago when I worked for the big corporations I would always get this beautiful bouquet of flowers and a free lunch.

Nowadays I get anything ranging from a scratch ticket to tanning sessions. The funny thing is, I don't except anything. I made that comment yesterday to a couple of co-workers, not my boss and the laughed at me. They thought I was kidding. Like what secretary doesn't want recognition for what they do, when they have their own special day.

Me?

We had a long day with an inspector yesterday. Today is more of the same. I don't think it's even on my boss's radar.

I'm okay with that.

But I'm not going to sit here and say I wouldn't mind leaving early today or at some point this week.

Today it is suppose to be 80 degrees. Today I'd like to get myself a couple trays of flowers and do some planting after work.

I don't know why it's so important to me to do this, today. But I want to.

And I will. Hopefully.

1 comment:

Amy said...

There is something so cathartic about putting your hands in dirt each spring. I just can't explain it, but my heart and soul longs for the moments when I can just dig in and feel the earth!!